It's so hard to believe that the Grand Canyon was three weeks ago. We had an amazing time. We hiked on the south side--from the South Kaibab trail, across Tonto, then up the Bright Angel Trail. It was around 14 miles. I only got one blister! It wasn't as bad as I thought, and I can't wait to do it again sometime in my life. I think something that also helped was the fact that we were so used to the altitude.
Let's see...the weekend after that, we went to Acoma. A beautiful pueblo located on top of a beautiful mesa. We had to pay to use one camera, and I haven't gotten the pictures from that yet. Once I do, I'll put them up. I also bought two beautiful pots from Acoma. They are known throughout the nation for having beautiful hand painted pottery. I love them :) It was nice to buy them directly from the makers as well.
The weekend after that, we went to Bisti Badlands. This is over 4,000 acres of land with huge rock formations that have been eroded by the wind. It's beautiful! We walked over 5 miles, so we were tired, but it was great weather. I also saw a jackrabbit for the first time! I also haven't gotten the pictures from this, but I have a few of my own I'll share. :) Again, I'll update more hopefully, but this is getting to be a busy time--aiding ends in 19 ish days, and on November 22 I'm going to California! I'm SO excited to see the Eskes. It will be great to see them again!
Have a good weekend, we're headed to Canyon de Chelly, so hopefully I'll have picts up from that. Byyye!
From Bisti :)

No comments:
Post a Comment