Saturday, November 8, 2008

Canyon de Chelly

Today was a lot of fun--Canyon de Chelly was another Anasazi dwelling area. Similar to Mesa Verde and Chaco Canyon, Anasazi lived here about 1,000A.D. After looking into the canyon, we took a Jeep tour into the canyon! It was BUMPY, but well worth it! (This coming week is the second to last week of aiding! I can't believe it. Next weekend is our final group outing--to Santa Fe.)

Here's some pictures of our trip today...

Spider Canyon--in Canyon de chelley


Just before going into the canyon.


there are tiny handprints--the Anasazi were really small!!


Kokopelli on the wall--the flute playing man


Look at their dwellings-it's so small!



This was a really pretty site--we did have to drive through the water!




Afterwords, we went to look at petrified wood...and I couldn't resist playing with my shadow


Sarah Oord is funny :)


These three LOVED this picture I took. Hahaha






Have a good week. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of the three jumping! That's great. Hope you're having a good time! Oh yeah, and studying...;)