Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally :)

It's been a while since my last post, i realize this. I'm blaming the cold I am getting over. BUT now that I'm feeling a bit better, I thought I'd add a couple pictures from my birthday.

These are around Chaco Canyon. It was really neat. Just the little things. LIke how the people here (like many other ancient cultures around here) actually carved steps into the rock. They'd take a step, carve an opening above them, and make a step. Just thinking how long they had to do that to get up these HUGE rocks..and wondering how many people could have injured themselves making it. Then we begin thinking about the fact that these people were dedicated to that task. Therefore there MUST have been other people dedicated to agriculture, house repair, medicine men...SO many things go into this. We realize how normal they are, and yet extraordinary. They lived so long ago, and yet the basis of a culture is timeless. Anyway, here are the pictures!





Here is an actual bathing pool at the top of a cliff overlooking one 'town' :) I'm too dutch to fit. Bummer.



Here's one to scare the mom:


Sarah almost stepped on this little guy. Can you spot the little Rattler? :)


Looking across at the largest kiva in the world.



AND since it was my birthday, a couple of us went out to get something to drink. BUT they didn't even ID me! I was almost disappointed. :)




Yesterday, Andrea and I went to Pyramid again (in prep for GRAND CANYON NEXT WEEK!)..and it was so windy, I had to take a picture. HAha how hysterical is this?! :-D

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Jennie! Your hair in that picture is hilarious!!! :) :) :) And I can't wait until we can go out for a drink. You. Me. Bob. Jen. Carla... Uccello's. = amazing times. :) Especially if we go to the one in Wayland. HAHAHA Okay, inside jokes you don't understand, sorry. :) I think the semester is almost at the half way mark. And that's great. Cause that means you come home soon.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday again!

That windy picture of you is priceless.