Well, a lot has happened since my last post. Our group traveled to Sante Fe, I had a week long Thanksgiving break where I went to California to visit my second family, attended/crewed for a balloon rally, and am now finishing up the semester. Where has this semester gone????
Well, there's one thing I remember very clearly about Sante Fe : The BEST quesadilla of my life. It was perfect. I even took a picture! This restaurant was really great.
The highlight of Santa Fe was getting to visit many many pueblos. Each was interesting in its own way--though we really didn't get to interact with the pueblos as much as I would have wanted. But we did learn a lot. We were restricted from taking pictures, so you'll have to ask me for more detail if you would like it :)
The last day we were in Sante Fe, we were able to walk around by ourselves. First, we went to church. We attended an Independent Catholic Church. Interesting. They claim to be the church with the spiral staircase--an architectural miracle, as there are no supports. I say "claim" because I've heard this at another church in Italy, so I'm not sure how 100% this is. Still cool though!
Let's see...I have to add these pictures. They are of the BEAUTIFUL sunsets here in NM.
Then over Thanksgiving, I went to California to visit my second family! Haha it was great to visit w/ so many people I barely remembered ;) Here's probably one of my favorite pictures
I was blocking out where my dad's name was :)
The girls!! :) They're so much fun..even early in the morning..ha!
Inside my old church..
My old house!!
This weekend, after safely getting back from a relaxing week, we helped with hot air balloons in Gallup! We then had a thing at night where we could see them all lit up. Pretty fun!!
But all this wasn't just fun and games. I finished a 26 unit plan, among a couple other big projects...and this week involves finishing those things. Then Friday, we leave for ABQ, then Saturday it's back to Grand Rapids already!! I can't believe it. I'll hopefully write one or two more times by then :)
Thanks for being patient for a post!! (And Justin--you better write one now!)

2 comments:
do you MISS me?! are you EXCITED to seeee me? :) fiiiiiiiiive days!!
uh, sure ruth. right. is it only 5 days??? :-/ bummer.
Post a Comment